Michele Catherine Mician · 745 41st Street Sarasota, FL 34234 · Phone: (813) 785 7617 · email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To utilize my energy, my experience, communication and leadership skills in a position that will broaden my horizons and provide opportunities for professional and personal advancement.
University of South Florida, MS Environmental Management, May 2002, Tampa, Florida
Certificate in Latin American Studies, August 2001, Tampa, Florida
Graduate Certificate in Women's Studies, May 2001, Tampa, Florida
University of South Florida, BA, Technical Writing, May 1998, Tampa, Florida
La Suerte Biological Field School, Costa Rica
Permaculture Design Certification, Earth Activist Training, 120 hours of Instruction
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Languages; Fluent in Czech & Slovak, Conversational French, Beginning German
Notary Public, National Notary Association, Hungarian Embassy Listing
Certified at Center for Teaching Enhancement, 20 Hour Workshop, University of South Florida
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design, 40 hours of Coursework, Florida Attorney General
Neighborhood Revitalization Training, 40 hours of Coursework, Neighborhood Reinvestment Institute
technical writing MS Word, Publisher and Access, Corel Word Perfect
page layout Adobe Pagemaker, Quark Express, Photoshop, Illustrator
public speaking Motivational, special events - MS Power Point, Slide Shows
web design Edit Plus, DreamWeaver, Fireworks
Geographic Information Systems ArcView, ArcGIS; ArcMap, ArcINFO, MapPublisher
November 2002- Present Neighborhood Coordinator
City of Sarasota, Neighborhood Development Department
· Convey information regarding City Codes, State planning laws, City Comprehensive Plans and urban planning to residents
· Compiled first edition of City of Sarasota Neighborhood Directory
· Create and edit first quarterly Neighborhood Newsletter to distribute to City & neighborhood leaders.
· Assist neighborhood groups with organizing, membership drives, and grant implementation.
· Maintain and created new Neighborhood Development Department website.
· Responsible for maintaining communication with 24+ neighborhood groups and serving their needs.
· Required to ensure zoning & code enforcement are complied with & maintained in neighborhoods.
· Facilitate Neighborhood Workshops for Development Review Committee proceedings
· Design of Florida Neighborhoods Conference (FNC) Marketing and Promotions materials.
· Coordinated and managed a staff of over 100 volunteers for FNC
· Press laison and Marketing Chair for FNC
June 2002- November 2002 GIS Analyst
Real Estate Department, Hillsborough County
· Compile, analyze and record data for use in creating visual presentations of county owned property.
· Create maps, databases, shapefiles and map templates for use by county employees and public.
· Responsible for creating team-building activities and social program.
· Aid in creating and facilitating the United Way fund-raising project.
· Use of ArcGIS, ArcInfo, Arc View and Illustrator software to create maps and manage data.
May 2000-May 2002 Editorial Assistant
Organization & Environment, University of South Florida
· Responsible for management of up to a dozen contributors for each issue
· Edit and prepare journal for publication
· Maintain channels of communication with contributors, publisher, editors, and public
· Project management, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines top priority for this position
· Responsible for web design and web page maintenance.
May 1998- August 1998 Commentary Editor
University of South Florida’s Daily Newspaper, THE ORACLE
· Wrote daily commentary column
· Supervise three or more weekly columnists
· Assist copyeditors and wrote bi-weekly columns.
October 1995- May 2000 Project Management
· Serve in various roles as a courier, project manager, computer services, and production team
· Serve as a team leader to eliminate waste and implemented in-store system to track store use copies
· Implement in-store recycling program for plastics, aluminum, and glass
· Training specialist; Branch Office Certification Program, (BOCP), team leader
January 1994- December 1995 Administrative Assistant
TAMPA BAY PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
· Assist with compilation of monthly newsletter
· Manage projects for special events; venue preparation and stage manager meetings
· Maintain communication with administration, volunteers and general public
· Produce project plans and memorandums for house management
· Administer schedules and maintain records of over 200 volunteer schedules.
· Experience in ticket sales, concessions, and theater lighting
· Responsible for backstage tours to the general public and special tours for local schools
City of Sarasota, Citizen Volunteer Patrol, Sarasota Police Department
Presidential Advisory Committee on the Status of Women, USF
Red Cross, Youth Board
Shriner’s Hospital; Childlife Department and Radiology
St.Francis Society for Abused and Abandoned Animals: Photographer
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center; Usher and Tour Guide
United Way, Hands on Tampa, Project Coordinator
TEACHING AND ADVISING EXPERIENCE:
12th Street Gardeners at Sulphur Springs Community Center
Gardening Workshops, Create Urban Garden
Sweetwater Organic Farm;
Compost Workshops, Education Tours, Educational Programming
University of South Florida; Undergraduate Women’s Studies
Canella Elementary School; Guest Speaker, Recycling Workshop
Great American Teach-In; Rainforest ecology, ecosystems and life cycle
Chi Omega Sorority: Career Development Chair
University of South Florida Student Admissions Representative (STAR)
University of South Florida Ambassador - Speaker and Official Representative
HONORS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
Amnesty International, Women’s Awareness Coordinator
Chi Omega Sorority: Secretary, Song Leader, Career Development Chair, Philanthropy Chair
Estelle Zbar Poetry Award
Florida Women in Government, Secretary, Gulf Coast Chapter
Greek Week Committee: Fundraising Chair
National Association of Female Executives
National Notary Association
Order of Omega Honor Society, Vice President
Panhellenic Council: Philanthropy Chair, Secretary
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
USF Ambassador Program; Secretary
USF Student Volunteer of the Year
On the Surface of A Young Spinster’s Soul, Poetry Collection 2001
Riso, Third Place Poetry, Omnibus Literary Magazine , 1999